Tuesday, July 15, 2008

cheburashka...

While in Odessa, under pretense that I have kids and they like toys, I've visited every toy store I could find. In most places they still sell the plush versions of the cartoon characters from my childhood. It brought a lot of sense to my weird taste in plush. Cheburashka was one of my favorite characters when I was a kid. He was a misfit toy that didn't know who he was in the beginning, but found himself with the help of friends. I couldn't resist buying him. Turned out - the only thing I bought for myself on the trip. My girls think he's weird. Weird is good:)

7 comments:

ellencrimitrent said...

he is a little funky, maybe they are scared by the the big ears!!! I think that he is quite funky, its always interesting to see different characters from other cultures.

By the way I am loving the new imac, its a little learning curve and I am excited to use live trace but I need to get my scanner working now since the new software is not coordinating with my 5 year old scanner!

Carolyn Gavin said...

what a crazykookicharacter!

ChatRabbit said...

He's cute! Reminds me of Misha, the Olympic bear mascot a bit...but this guy came first, I guess!

all*over*print said...

I love him tooo

Anonymous said...

It is strange to see how much the images of our childhood show up in our drawings later on in life.

Heather Moore said...

Hi Helen
Thanks so much for entering the draw for the Heath Ceramics bag. I'm sorry you didn't win, but your funny big-ear friend will make you feel better, I'm sure.

Anonymous said...

Ooohh, he's so cute. I bought some Cheburashka stationery when I was in Tokyo last year.