Friday, February 29, 2008
Thursday, February 28, 2008
Marc Boutavant is a brilliant french illustrator and my latest source of inspiration. I just can't get enough of his adorable style. I am wishing that his books were in english though (so I could read them with my girls).
The 6 thick board puzzles could be found at couverture.
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
I'm loving the red and the blue together! High contrast and a lot of punch. Plus, I'm going to spend the entire month of June by the Black Sea (I'm going to Odessa at last!) so everything navy related makes me think about the big trip!
1. Unique shoes by Irregular choice - if you are looking for something off beat (and I always am) it's a good place to check out.
2. Lil' red vintage party dress - Oliebollen (so cute!)
3. Pranayama Robe - ANTHROPOLOGIE (I've always wanted to start the day wearing a robe like this, sitting in a sunroom with a cup of coffee).
4. Capri Coin Purse - hayden-harnett - love the pattern on it!
5. Coxswain Cardigan - ANTHROPOLOGIE - love the sleeves and the anchor detail.
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
These baby toys are appropriately named 'wish come true' (by Friends with you). Are these not the cutest baby toys you've ever seen? Anais is almost 2 y.o. but I'm getting them anyway. We'll have a ton of fun with these cuties! They are coming soon to RELEASE THE FREAKS! They roll and spin and sing. They are just the perfect baby toys!
Monday, February 25, 2008
Saturday, February 23, 2008
Friday, February 22, 2008
I say - down with this winter grey! More sunshine, please! Although, grey and yellow is a pretty nice combo. I want to paint my bedroom bright yellow. I want to wear yellow flats and carry a yellow clutch. More yellow with my yellow, please!
3. Yes, this is blond baby Jesus! from the nativity (#2). Cute!
7. Maryjane flat - Dolce Vita Moritz-37 - PIPERLIME
John Coulter (a very fun illustrator) shared a few wonderful links (from the almighty Flickr) with me recently. When I first glanced at these mer-people I knew they had to reincarnate in some of my work! I've been thinking of making flash cards for a long time now, and it's finally starting to come together. Can't wait to get on to the next letter!
This message has been brought to you by the Marvelous letter M!
Thursday, February 21, 2008
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
I just can't get enough of these simple designs! I say, bring back the simplicity!
Found these on Flickr today. Some of the matchboxes are based on Russian fairy-tales that bring back a lot of childhood memories! Ahhh!
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
In the past couple of weeks I could recall only one day that it didn't snow. This winter toomuchery has got to stop. Who is in charge of the weather anyway?...
Stay warm! This pattern would be nice as a wrapping paper (especially if the grey was silver).
Monday, February 18, 2008
Lola (my oldest) turned 6 y. o. a couple of weeks ago. Just to do something different I invited a reptile zoo over for a visit! Yep! Little Rays Reptile Zoo. It was very exciting for the kids (and me). Very educational too. I spent most of the time behind the video camera avoiding petting the snakes, frogs, lizards, turtles and tarantulas. I don't know if other places have similar thing or if it's just an Ottawa occurrence. I highly recommend it if you have a young curious kid.
Sunday, February 17, 2008
Saturday, February 16, 2008
What's the prognosis? Showers. Baby Boy Showers to be exact. It is not hard nowadays to find something super fun for a kid. It is hard to find something that doesn't have some overused cartoon character on it (no pointing of fingers necessary) and is relatively inexpensive. After all, they might not care about the $250 doll house as much as you do (and choose to relocate their little army of plushies into a cardboard box). However, I still have an easier time spending money on kids rather than on myself. Here are some awesome toys I have found:
• Six little soldiers, a ball and a tin drum from congo jo. Hours of entertainment (even for me).
• Teddy bears never go out of style. This blue one from habitat is too cute for words.
• Wooden toys are good on so many levels. I found this adorable block set on three potato four site. You could use this as part of a nursery decor.
• Ah...wooden dog by Yoshitomo Nara (one of my favorite Japanese artists). At first, this could serve as nursery decor, and later, once they start walking, expect some pulling along action (and some hilarious attempts to ride). Found it at KangarooBoo.
• Rody - the cutest horse ever! I have one in red and it has a rocking part at the bottom. My kids got a lot of mileage out of Rody. You can find one at PLASTICA.
• Nice take on a sock monkey by Paul Frank can be found at style kid.
• They call him the Muffin but he looks more like an upside down ice-cream cone to me. Cute, nonetheless. I have a Burger by the same company. Muffin and a ton of other wonderful and unique items can be found at zac and zoe.
Friday, February 15, 2008
Thursday, February 14, 2008
Nothing goes better with dark blue jeans than a pair of bright red shoes! I think these Franco Sarto "Nail" Pumps from macy's take the cake on cuteness! I wish there was a macy's around here so I could try them on.
Also, I have discovered this little online store called PATINA. Truly lovely and inexpensive finds! I especially love the Tall Red Tote.
It's all about RED today! Dressed the girls in red white and pink....check. They wanted toast and red jam....check. Looked for red things to wear...nothing. Must remedy this situation. To the internet!.....here are some results...
• These red patterned shoes (Delman) look like they would be a statement and a half. Too bad they sold out. I'll check again later. Maybe this is for the best. That hill looks like it would take some getting used to.
• The plush heart, lil' lady umbrella and Lolita sunglasses are some cute finds in fredflare.
• Adorable red T from the All-Mighty.
• Bohemian owl ring - If I could wear big rings (not for my lil' fingers) - this would be mine!
• These little red flower earings from Etsy would be a good touch without going all out.
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
I've been working on a nursery pattern and was looking for inspiration. Poppytalk has posted her stamp collection a few days a go, and so I went on Flickr in hopes to find some cute stamps. And I did!
Good ol' mid-century modern stamps and (surprise!) matchboxes! This are such poster material! Some of them I just want to blow up and frame!