Friday, February 29, 2008
Last day of February! Yeah! Spring flowers and showers are on their way. Here is fresh off the press flower shower pattern. It's crazy busy - just like me!
I've just splurged and got this very unique and happy purse from MAKOOL LOVES YOU! I just couldn't resist its charms. Lucky me! I am dizzy with anticipation!
Thursday, February 28, 2008
mark 1 more for the favorites:)
Marc Boutavant is a brilliant french illustrator and my latest source of inspiration. I just can't get enough of his adorable style. I am wishing that his books were in english though (so I could read them with my girls).
The 6 thick board puzzles could be found at couverture.
Labels: favorite illustrators
Just finished this pattern. It would work well for the nursery bedding or a little nursery art! I like how all the sea characters have shifty eyes. Fun!
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
a pinch of red, a handful of blue, mix it up...
I'm loving the red and the blue together! High contrast and a lot of punch. Plus, I'm going to spend the entire month of June by the Black Sea (I'm going to Odessa at last!) so everything navy related makes me think about the big trip!
1. Unique shoes by Irregular choice - if you are looking for something off beat (and I always am) it's a good place to check out.
2. Lil' red vintage party dress - Oliebollen (so cute!)
3. Pranayama Robe - ANTHROPOLOGIE (I've always wanted to start the day wearing a robe like this, sitting in a sunroom with a cup of coffee).
4. Capri Coin Purse - hayden-harnett - love the pattern on it!
5. Coxswain Cardigan - ANTHROPOLOGIE - love the sleeves and the anchor detail.
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
This delicious little pattern would be great for a paper napkin or a plate. I'm dreaming about the BBQ's and picnics. When you eat outside everything always tastes better!
Posted by orange you lucky! 6 comments:
randome fun find:)
These baby toys are appropriately named 'wish come true' (by Friends with you). Are these not the cutest baby toys you've ever seen? Anais is almost 2 y.o. but I'm getting them anyway. We'll have a ton of fun with these cuties! They are coming soon to RELEASE THE FREAKS! They roll and spin and sing. They are just the perfect baby toys!
Monday, February 25, 2008
spring is coming!...soon.
Four days until March! I'm counting, even though I know the snow will be on the ground until mid April. Here is my spring pattern - fresh and promising. I just can't wait to smell the flowers and ditch the winter wardrobe!
Posted by orange you lucky! 7 comments:
Saturday, February 23, 2008
I discovered these wonderful slavic book cover illustrations on Flickr (via John Coulter-Thanks!) and I'm totally in love with all this retro kookiness! How fun! What crazy color combos (especially on the one with the little green bird)!
Friday, February 22, 2008
more sunshine, please!
I say - down with this winter grey! More sunshine, please! Although, grey and yellow is a pretty nice combo. I want to paint my bedroom bright yellow. I want to wear yellow flats and carry a yellow clutch. More yellow with my yellow, please!
3. Yes, this is blond baby Jesus! from the nativity (#2). Cute!
7. Maryjane flat - Dolce Vita Moritz-37 - PIPERLIME
M is the first letter of my alphabet!
John Coulter (a very fun illustrator) shared a few wonderful links (from the almighty Flickr) with me recently. When I first glanced at these mer-people I knew they had to reincarnate in some of my work! I've been thinking of making flash cards for a long time now, and it's finally starting to come together. Can't wait to get on to the next letter!
This message has been brought to you by the Marvelous letter M!
Thursday, February 21, 2008
a lovely pair:)
A couple of new hot off the press patterns. What do you think? Have I stepped too deep into the retro?
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
loving the stamps & the matchboxes!
I just can't get enough of these simple designs! I say, bring back the simplicity!
Found these on Flickr today. Some of the matchboxes are based on Russian fairy-tales that bring back a lot of childhood memories! Ahhh!
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
snow...wrap it up!
In the past couple of weeks I could recall only one day that it didn't snow. This winter toomuchery has got to stop. Who is in charge of the weather anyway?...
Stay warm! This pattern would be nice as a wrapping paper (especially if the grey was silver).
Monday, February 18, 2008
It was a ZOO!
Lola (my oldest) turned 6 y. o. a couple of weeks ago. Just to do something different I invited a reptile zoo over for a visit! Yep! Little Rays Reptile Zoo. It was very exciting for the kids (and me). Very educational too. I spent most of the time behind the video camera avoiding petting the snakes, frogs, lizards, turtles and tarantulas. I don't know if other places have similar thing or if it's just an Ottawa occurrence. I highly recommend it if you have a young curious kid.
I've been working on a few collections for Creative Imaginations (a wonderful scrapbooking company). The collections aren't out yet, but I am filled to the brim with curiosity. Just can't wait!
Sunday, February 17, 2008
Here are some of my office mates. Sometimes my girls invite them to tea parties and sleep-overs, but mostly they just serve as a support group through this gloomy winter.
One of my all time favorite illustrators/designers is Mary Blair. She still inspires me and makes me smile.
Labels: favorite illustrators
new day, new ideas...
This pattern would make a great lining for a purse. I could just see rich chocolate brown bag lined with this pattern.
Saturday, February 16, 2008
shower them with...
What's the prognosis? Showers. Baby Boy Showers to be exact. It is not hard nowadays to find something super fun for a kid. It is hard to find something that doesn't have some overused cartoon character on it (no pointing of fingers necessary) and is relatively inexpensive. After all, they might not care about the $250 doll house as much as you do (and choose to relocate their little army of plushies into a cardboard box). However, I still have an easier time spending money on kids rather than on myself. Here are some awesome toys I have found:
• Six little soldiers, a ball and a tin drum from congo jo. Hours of entertainment (even for me).
• Teddy bears never go out of style. This blue one from habitat is too cute for words.
• Wooden toys are good on so many levels. I found this adorable block set on three potato four site. You could use this as part of a nursery decor.
• Ah...wooden dog by Yoshitomo Nara (one of my favorite Japanese artists). At first, this could serve as nursery decor, and later, once they start walking, expect some pulling along action (and some hilarious attempts to ride). Found it at KangarooBoo.
• Rody - the cutest horse ever! I have one in red and it has a rocking part at the bottom. My kids got a lot of mileage out of Rody. You can find one at PLASTICA.
• Nice take on a sock monkey by Paul Frank can be found at style kid.
• They call him the Muffin but he looks more like an upside down ice-cream cone to me. Cute, nonetheless. I have a Burger by the same company. Muffin and a ton of other wonderful and unique items can be found at zac and zoe.
it's raining boys...
My best friend just had a wee lil' boy and my sister is expecting her 2nd little dude. Everywhere I look it's raining little tiny baby boys! This pattern would be great for boy nursery bedding.
Friday, February 15, 2008
fun new patterns!
Here are a few fun new patterns! Just finished the Princess and the Pea one (as it was requested by my 4y.o. Margo).
Posted by orange you lucky! 11 comments:
Thursday, February 14, 2008
Speaking of RED...
Posted by orange you lucky! 9 comments:
Oh, for the love of shoes...
Nothing goes better with dark blue jeans than a pair of bright red shoes! I think these Franco Sarto "Nail" Pumps from macy's take the cake on cuteness! I wish there was a macy's around here so I could try them on.
Also, I have discovered this little online store called PATINA. Truly lovely and inexpensive finds! I especially love the Tall Red Tote.
It's all about RED today! Dressed the girls in red white and pink....check. They wanted toast and red jam....check. Looked for red things to wear...nothing. Must remedy this situation. To the internet!.....here are some results...
• These red patterned shoes (Delman) look like they would be a statement and a half. Too bad they sold out. I'll check again later. Maybe this is for the best. That hill looks like it would take some getting used to.
• The plush heart, lil' lady umbrella and Lolita sunglasses are some cute finds in fredflare.
• Adorable red T from the All-Mighty.
• Bohemian owl ring - If I could wear big rings (not for my lil' fingers) - this would be mine!
• These little red flower earings from Etsy would be a good touch without going all out.
• I wish that when I went out to shop for groceries they would all fit into this little retroish flowered tote from Bettyjoy. Then I would look good and contribute to the plastic bag free world. We might have to make 3 trips a day though.
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Here's to love!
We all need a little red during this all too white February sameness! Here's to warm and fuzzy love!
Posted by orange you lucky! No comments:
Stamps & Matchboxes!
I've been working on a nursery pattern and was looking for inspiration. Poppytalk has posted her stamp collection a few days a go, and so I went on Flickr in hopes to find some cute stamps. And I did!
Good ol' mid-century modern stamps and (surprise!) matchboxes! This are such poster material! Some of them I just want to blow up and frame!
Posted by orange you lucky! 9 comments:
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)