Wednesday, January 28, 2009

bottling the rainbow...



Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could make preserves of all the awesome things in life... and open one up every time a dull wintery day like today comes up. I'd have a basement full of jars and bottles with labels like: sunshine, my kids smell, warm summer rain, black sea, rainbows...etc., A bit cheesy.. I know, but it's just so grey for so long... I got to make something up to get through.
Anyhow, this is a pattern that depicts a rainbow bottling factory... wherever that may be...

12 comments:

fern said...

I really love this!

Carolyn Gavin said...

i love it Helen! it's a bit of joy in this sea of grey.

Georgia Peachez said...

Helen, your designs are just what I need on this dreary gray day here in Virginia. I love it! xo, suzy

The Little Cloth Rabbit said...

This is such a lovely, fun design! I wish I had some bottled sunshine! I know exactly how you feel.

Toshimi said...

I love the colors! These remind me of springtime. I especially like the rainbow trees and the brown kitty!

Superdumb Supervillain said...

I could definitely use a couple of jars in my pantry... it's been so cold and grey.

Unknown said...

any chance that will be for sale somewhere?

Dee said...

Fab fab fab!

Anonymous said...

This post may be the cutest thing I've ever read! :)

Unknown said...

helen, this is the most fantastic thing i've seen in a long time! i love it so much- the pattern, the idea, everything. WOW!!

the letters i wish i'd written... said...

If by cheesy you mean one of the sweetest things ever, than yes, very cheesy, delightful!

pomly said...

I love it so much! I wish I had some of those bottles for real!