Tuesday, March 25, 2008

fun etsy finds:)



It's been a busy long weekend. I had my hands full with the kids and work and time just flew by me. One thing about the kids -  they never stop wanting new toys. This year I've decide to try and not buy any plastic toys and stick to wood and plush of mostly homemade variety.  Not only that hand made toys are less toxic, but they also reflect love and unique character of the people that make them. Thankfully, I don't have to do much convincing since the girls love plushies as much as I do. Here are some of our favorite Etsy finds:

6 comments:

Heather Moore said...

What fabulous finds! My finger hovered over that needle felted monkey, until I realised what I REALLY want is to make a softy myself! Thanks for the brill inspiration (and the nice comment on my blog).

Best,
Heaher

/// said...

GREAT, GREAT roundup! :)

Anonymous said...

What a great selection! I find it makes such a difference if I give my son a handmade toy, I love that he can give it any personality he wants unlike a mass-produced movie tie-in toy.

Anonymous said...

A friend of the family gave my ma and pa four tiny dolls like the Puddle Jumper dolls. They were painted to look like each one of us. My Dad's doll had a greying beard and my sister's had cute little goggle glasses - she's worn glasses since she was four. They still have them lined up on a bookshelf. Too cute.

orange you lucky! said...

That's a neat idea to have your family portrait in wooden doll media. Cute!

olivelse said...

Beautiful selection! I love the Sausage Dog and the Donut Man! :-)